Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SHADOW

some shadows are just
shadows, shadowy 

light thy mother
dark thy father

how simple then
is shadow?

nothing but shadow
for better or worse
just shadow

we gather our shadows
within us
and we hide there


The tree which moves some to tears of joy
is in the eyes of others only a green thing
that stands in the way.
Some see nature all ridicule and deformity...
and some scare see nature at all.
But to the eyes of the man of imagination,
nature is imagination itself.

William Blake 


There is more to sex appeal than just measurements.
I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness.
I can convey just as much sex appeal,
picking apples of a tree or standing in the rain.

Audrey Hepburn


and, then, we were off,
and we went to hell.
but the terror there
drove us screaming
and we went back
to the beginning.
and nothing since
has come even close
to intimidation
as hell intimidates


Give me six hours to chop down a tree
and I will spend the first four
sharpening the axe. 

Abraham Lincoln


had this feeling,
but then, it went away.

so, I suppose
everything that wasn't
is suddenly okay.

maybe by this time 
tomorrow,
or the next day.

who's to say?
but, thinking about it,
I've never been
a good lay.






No comments: