Tuesday, September 13, 2011

MY HEAD

My head
is  the 2nd head
from the right,
on the bottom shelf
next to the head
with the glass eye.

What a lovely eye.
When the sun hits it,
it turns a beautiful
rainbow blue.

A radiant blue,
through and through.

I could just cry
each time I see
that beautiful
radiant glass eye.

But I don't cry.
I just sigh,
pick up my head
and wave good-bye.



i don't want to write
like you
and i don't want you
to write like me
I've noticed
one of us is writing
like the other
one of us

the fact neither of us
write worth a damn
could further complicate
matters
should one of us start
writing
above the poverty level

i would search you out
but i fear if i find you
i may have found myself
and no long
have anything to write
about

leaving myself to dwell
in a semi-state of mass
confusion
which could leave me
mistaken
for political madness







2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow! wildly surreal.

richard said...

Thanks for stopping by, Cynthia. Hope you are having a great week.