Monday, August 15, 2011

A FEW MORE DAYS

A few more days
of this
and I'll become
a grey mist.

Grey days
in a grey haze.

Forgive me
 my laziness,
and I'll forgive you
your business.

That will be
a new twist
to all of this,
finalized
with a lovely kiss.

That type of kiss,
so often missed,
due to laziness
and lack
of interest,
and a lemon twist.

Now,
come over here
and kiss this............




i keep having
this nagging dream
where i wake up
a completely
different man
than the man
i went to bed as
complete
with a new name
a new phone number
a new address
a new wife
but with the same
old pair of shoes

its enough
to give an old man
the blues

i want my old wife back
she would have
at least
bought me 
a new pair of shoes








2 comments:

Shauna said...

love this poem - charming.

Lena said...

I'm just getting a catch up with your posts! Shauna's right - this is charming in it's own unique style!